Last updated: April 23, 2018
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, your company name, mailing address, billing address, e-mail address, telephone number, (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you individually but does not identify you; and
- information about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you voluntarily provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site, such as usage details.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners or third-party service providers acting on our behalf.
Further details about information supplied by you voluntarily or collected automatically or through third-party service providers is set forth below.
Information You Voluntarily Provide to Us.
We collect the following types of information from and about our users when you provide such information voluntarily:
Information Provided via Forms. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, including Personal Information. This includes information provided at the time when you contact us via the Website, purchase Services or request further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
Information Captured via Communications and Transactions. If you contact us by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, through the Website or by some other means, we may keep a record of your Personal Information and the correspondence. When we send you emails, we may also track whether you open them to determine how to deliver more helpful emails and improve our Services. Personal Information may be obtained from online transactions, transmitted as part of a form submission or in connection with other activities or services made available on the Website. You acknowledge that you provide your Personal Information at your own risk.
Information From Your Use of the Services. If you use any of our Services, we may collect information about how you interact with and use the Services and the data and information that is collected or provided by you through or in connection with your use of the Services.
Other Information. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we, and third-parties acting on our behalf, including third-party analytics service providers, may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website. The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our Website and the Services that we offer.
We do not collect Personal Information automatically, but we may tie this information to Personal Information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you and to provide you with the Services, or any other information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Services or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To analyze the efficacy of our Services and to conduct research to improve and enhance functionality of our Services.
- To provide support for the Services and respond to requests and inquiries.
- To market and advertise the Services where you have agreed to this, including through promotional e-mail messages, directly or in partnership with other parties.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, vendors, technical agents, subcontractors, consultants and other third parties we use to support our business, including, but not limited to, design services, installation services, web site hosting, data analysis and metrics services, maintenance and technical services, customer service and support, email delivery services, infrastructure services and to help us in our marketing efforts, including managing and delivering contextual and tailored advertisements.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our site of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use an “email a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We will disclose your information when required to do so in order:
- To comply with any court order, law, judicial, regulatory, legal process or similar, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the Company, our customers or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Google Analytics. You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by using Google’s Ads Settings or going to https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/. You may also opt out of Google marketing products, but please note that this does not opt you out of being served generic ads.
Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may unsubscribe through the link at the bottom of such email. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
Do Not Track Signals. Third parties may keep track of your browsing activities across third party websites. Certain web browsers enable users to activate a “Do Not Track” signal but we do not currently respond to the “Do Not Track” signal or other similar mechanisms.
To request any other changes or information about our collection, use or disclosure of your information, please email us at email@example.com.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
If you wish to access, update, correct or delete any Personal Information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Services, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not guarantee that any Personal Information can be removed completely.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Services are not intended users who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not provide any Personal Information to us. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and restricting access to your computer and devices. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your username or password.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. In particular, email sent to or from the Services may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. In the event that Personal Information is compromised as a breach of security, the Company will promptly notify our customers in compliance with applicable law.
Third Parties; Links to Third Party Sites
Posting To Third Party Social Media
The Services may allow you to post information to various third-party services or platforms, such as social networking services like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. You acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on these third-party services or platforms will be able to view such activity. The use of the information by such social networking websites will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
You acknowledge that the Company may establish general practices and limits concerning use of the Services, including without limitation the maximum period of time that data or other content will be retained by the Services and the maximum storage space that will be allotted on the Company’s servers on your behalf. You agree that the Company has no responsibility or liability for the deletion or failure to store any data or other content maintained or uploaded by the Services. You further acknowledge that the Company reserves the right to change these general practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion. We will endeavor to give you notice of any such change where required by applicable law.
Notice to Non-U.S. Residents