HOW TO BE INSPIRED AND MOTIVATED THIS WEEKEND
Woot woot - it’s the weekend!
Here’s a roundup of five awesome things we’ve come across that we think are fun and inspiring as you pursue your very own Integrated Hustle:
1. “While working at a venture capital firm, Ms. Lake saw that many entrepreneurs were “totally unqualified, totally normal people.” Yup, it’s true! This is a fantastic Q&A with Katrina Lake, founder of Stitch Fix, a company that sends you a curated box of clothes each month, and then you keep what you want and send back what you don’t. It’s one of my friend Holly’s favorite things. (Hi Holly!)
2. Today, you can run an entire business from your phone. Your phone! Laena sent me this gem and it made my head explode with ideas. What could you sell from your phone?
3. “I cannot tell you how much I’ve appreciated doing this. In some ways I’ve gotten a burden off my back. I’ve been able to look into the heart of a play that I haven’t been able to for years.” Read this email exchange between Andrew Garfield and Stephen Spinella about Tony Kushner’s play, “Angels in America.” Both actors are in revivals of the play, which Spinella originated 25 years ago. This is the magic of human connection.
4. The key to negotiation in any task? Empathy. This is a quick read that sheds light on the importance of emotion in all that we do . Empathy leads to emotion which leads to action.
5. Finally, this is a fun one. Remember Sex and the City and all the fun and wonder it showed of life in New York? The New York Times has chronicled how Sex and the City brought different people to NYC. NYC: this beloved, insane, concrete jungle where sometimes everything is impossible and then in the blink of an eye everything can become possible. Also, if someone knows how to get Carrie's apartment on a freelance writer salary, can you let me know? Have an integrated weekend! And then, let’s hustle.